Sigma Aviation Services is delighted to announce this new opportunity for Senior Software Engineer Airfield Surveillance Solutions based in Belgium.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer Airfield Surveillance Solutions to join the Airfield Surveillance Team. Our client provides advanced technologies which allow safe operations during ground movements of aircrafts.
The Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for the software architecture, design, development, code reviews, testing and releasing of new software designated surveillance and applications for airfield solutions. The Sr. Software Engineer will be in charge of the development and management of the company’s software and should have a solid experience in managing a team of Software Developers, good work experience in radar and tracking, as well as ATC solutions.
- Design, and implement high-quality software solutions within a timely manner
- Additionally manage the assigned junior Software Engineers or external developers.
- Manage the new software development throughout all its phases
- Evaluate software solutions and system performance.
- Support the prototype system testing and its validation.
- Responsible of code management and versioning
- Produce all related documentation
- Collaborate with Airfield Surveillance Manager and MLAT Product Manager
- Certify the SW against ICAO and Eurocae standards (Ed 109), special focus on cyber
- 7+ years of professional software development experience.
- 5+ experience as senior software engineer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or similar.
- Master’s Degree in a related field preferred
Background and practical skills:
- Extensive experience in developing, deploying, and integrating software solutions.
- Understanding of MLAT, A-SMGCS, Surveillance systems, tools and simulations.
- Experience in ATC tracking systems and Kalman filtering
- Experience in software code management and requirement management
- Knowledge of best practices related to data encryption and cybersecurity
- Practical and good understanding of System Integration & interfacing.
- Working knowledge of documentation procedures
- In-depth knowledge of the major programming languages (C, C++, Java, Perl , Python )
- In-depth knowledge of Windows, Linux (Clients & Servers)
- Experienced with virtualization (VMWare , Docker) is a plus.
- Experienced with Subversion, Jira & confluence.
- MS office package + Viso & MS Projects
Candidates must have the right to work and live in Belgium. This position is a full-time role with flexible hour system.
If you wish to apply or to know more details, please send your CV to Roxana Duta at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +353879813977.
Related Jobs (12)
Regional Manager – Airline on May 6, 2022
Private Flights Sales Assistant on May 5, 2022
Senior Thermal Engineer on April 29, 2022
Head of Product Assurance and Testing – Space Industry on April 29, 2022
B2 Technician – A220-300 Rated & Non-Rated on March 23, 2022