Sigma Aviation Services is currently looking for an experienced Senior Rocket Propulsion Engineer to join our client based in Spain. You will participate in the Liquid Rocket Engine Flight Qualification, including hardware integration, testing and post-hot test data processing as well as being part of the engineering decision process of the propulsion subsystem final development, testing and integration.
• To provide inputs for the liquid rocket engine upgrades and to improve its performance.
• To contribute and participate in the engineering decision process propellant feed system (including piping, valves, sensing, actuators, etc.)
• To contribute in material characterization, material selection and to generate specification for updates and further developments.
• To develop test plans for liquid propulsion parts and assemblies.
• To generate manufacturing and assembly specifications.
• To contribute in the upgrade Space Propulsion Test Bench software and hardware.
• To operate Company´s test bench during hot test campaigns.
• To provide launch and mission operations support.
• Master´s degree in Aerospace Engineering.
• Relevant experience in liquid propulsion (+7 years of liquid propulsion experience, design and testing) .
• +5 years experience in Finite Element Analysis using industry tools such as ANSYS.
• Excellent use of Siemens NX/Teamcenter, EcosimPro, Matlab and Simulink tools.
• Relevant experience in manufacturing processes (metal machining): Copper Alloys, Aluminium Alloys and Stainless-steel Alloys, as well as Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM).
• Other relevant experience in manufacturing processes, such as Aluminium and Stainless-steel TIG Welding.
• Good communications skills, including C1 English Level (both written and oral).
• Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
• Highly motivated and committed to improvement.
• Ability to represent a workgroup.
• Ability to work as a part of a team
If you meet the requirements and would like to know more about this role then please send your most recently updated CV to Emilia Arellano on email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Licences Accepted: JAA/EASA ATPL