Sigma Aviation Services is currently looking for an experienced Radar Signal Processing (FPGA) Specialist to join our client for a position based in Belgium. The Radar Signal Processing Specialist will take a leading role in the operational and technical design, development and verification of the company surveillance sensors with a key role in the further development of the MLAT Remote Units.
The Signal Processing Specialist is responsible for the design, development and testing of the sensors & antenna’s as well as designated surveillance solutions for airfield systems. She/he has a good understanding of radar theory and signal processing as well as A-SMGCS systems.
- Contribute to and lead the decision-making process associated with the design of the new sensors, antenna’s and functions.
- Get ownership of, test, verify and validate signal processing algorithms and radar-based sensors.
- Apply advanced mathematical techniques for data processing, digital signal processing, signals analysis, system modelling
- Develop system, algorithm and software verification test plans and perform test data collection, data processing and analysis.
- Conduct research and development in RF system concepts and technologies.
- Develop and demonstrate advanced sensor system concepts incorporating emerging technologies in autonomy.
- Collaborate with System Engineering and Product Management to assess product details and contribute to planning, roadmap building, integration plans.
- Participate in the experimental prototype system testing, data analysis and validation Define FPGA software requirements and produce all related design documentation and in accordance with company quality standards.
- Certify the system against CE requirements and international ICAO and Eurocae standards.
- 5+ years of relevant, hands-on experience;
- Master Degree in Software Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering or Aeronautical Engineering;
Background and practical skills:
5G background is interesting
- 5+ years of hands on experience with radar waveform design and signal processing
- 5+ years of hands on experience with system design tools, e.g., Matlab, Python and C/C++
- Experience of working with multi-disciplinary teams in an international environment
- Familiarity with ATC surveillance and A-SMGCS concept.
- Previous work or research experience in radar systems, MLAT knowledge is an advantage
- Experience with integration, testing and commissioning of complex systems and system of systems (especially ATC systems)
- Practical and good understanding of System Integration & interfacing
- Experience in TOA estimation, multipath identification/correction, “de-garbling” of SSR signals is an advantage
- Familiar with Eurocae standards and requirements
- Matlab, Python or Perl programming experience
- FPGA programming, experienced programmer.
- User experience of Windows, Linux (Clients & Servers)
- Knowledge of communication/radio frequency /data link technologies used for surveillance and data communication.
- Strong proficiency in Signal processing, FPGA programming, SW development and System Design.
Candidates must have the right to work and live in Belgium. This is a full-time role with flexible hour system, partly remote and 10% travel.
If you wish to apply or to know more details, please send your CV to Roxana Duta at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +353879813977.