Sigma Aviation Services is currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our client based in Europe.
- Designing mechanisms and structures for a robotic arm system
- Collaborating with electrical and robotics engineers to package complex electromechanical systems
- Optimizing mechanical design and lead analysis to achieve better performance and higher reliability
- Creating 2D manufacturing and technical assembly drawings
- Specifying, selecting, and acquiring necessary components
- Performing fast-prototypes for quick validation of design
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, or materials engineering
- At least three years of experience as a mechanical design engineer
- Demonstrated CAD skills (through portfolio and/or 3D modelling evaluations)
- Software Expertise: Inventor, SolidWorks, Ansys, Matlab
- Fluency in English
Skills and Experience Required
- Worked at least one development project, in a role which required design, integration, and testing
- At least three years of experience as a mechanical design engineer working on space mechanisms
- Developed in the past precise mechanisms for space applications, such as joints, coupling devices, SADMs, APMs, HDRMs, scientific instruments or mechanisms for space exploration missions
- Experience in performing thermal, vibrational, and stress analysis
- Experience in performing assembly and validation of mechanisms
If you meet the above requirements and wish to know more about this role, please send your updated CV.
To be considered for this position, please send your most updated CV to Karim Cassamo on email email@example.com or call 00353 1 669 8218.