Sigma Aviation Services is excited to announce an excellent opportunity for Mechanical Design Engineers, accepting applications from both graduates to mechanical design engineers with several years of experience.
Our client is a leading European space company who have a distinct preference for candidates with experience in space related projects both as graduates at university level and/or projects from their employment/work experience.
This is an excellent career opportunity for suitably qualified and experienced candidates to work and grow with a dynamic company with high level space projects including but not limited to some specialist project areas such as Space Defense and Earth Protection missions.
The role will require candidates to have;
- Excellent communication and resilience skills; understanding the demands of working in a high-pressure environment and the need to be able to demonstrate good positive formal communication skills both with internal team coordinates and external contacts such as sub-contractors and clients.
- Interest in career development and growth; to progress within the company taking on additional responsibilities and roles with an understanding for the need for a high degree of flexibility.
- Innovative and entrepreneurial approach to thinking, understanding the focus on quality and standards with an awareness of project costs or an openness to learn.
Candidates should have qualifications / experience with;
- Degree in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering or comparable qualification
- Some professional experience in the field of space/structural design will be a distinct advantage
- Using a 3D CAD system, ideally NX
- You will have the opportunity to support space projects from the proposal stage through to the launch campaign
- You will be a support for the generation and maintenance of specifications for the structural systems
- You will be involved with the Development and Design of the structural system for space application
- You will generate CAD models, prepare related fabrication documents and instructions, prepare documents such as design and interface descriptions
- You will support and supervise subcontractors and manufacturing activities
- You will report and present on your work results both internally and to customers
Related Jobs (9)
A320 Captains – Very attractive terms for seasonal contracts on January 25, 2023 A320fam
A320 First Officers on December 7, 2022
Air Travel Consultant on July 28, 2022
Technical Project Manager – Space Engineering on June 9, 2022