Sigma Aviation Services is currently looking for an experienced Cockpit Display Senior Systems (CDS) Engineer to join our client a dynamic and growing organisation aiming to position themselves as a world leader in cutting edge innovation delivered through a world class team.
This role offers the right candidate an exciting and attractive opportunity in defining, updating plans and creating new processes for a competitive CDS solution for a Part-25 program based on industry standards and regulations.
You will be a key interface both internally within on the project been able to make significant decisions and recommendations on complex issues whilst also working on the development and training of engineers from system design from processes to methods and concepts. Externally you will be a key technical point for both customers and suppliers in terms of oversight, delivery and expertise
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering/Sciences, Mathematics, or other related Engineering and Science fields from an accredited institution.
- At least 10 years of experience in aviation, of which at least 5 years of avionics experience.
- Proficient Cockpit Display System domain knowledge and regulatory/standards awareness.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in system level requirements definition, requirements allocation, requirements management, systems integration, verification and certification.
- Experience with ARINC 664 Data Network, ARINC 429, ARINC 661, ARINC 825, Data Conversion and various system interfaces.
- Proficiency in ARP4754A standard and compliance.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Solid background in Aerospace electronics/avionics engineering and development and qualification including DO-297, DO-178, DO-254, and DO-160 standards.
- Strong technical aptitude, including engineering tools and systems.
- Understanding of safety analysis and assessment methods and constraints at the system and aircraft level.
- Cockpit Display System/products knowledge such as head down display, HUD, EVS, SVS, etc.
- Knowledge of modelling and simulation tools such as SCADE.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability of guiding and influencing others.
To be considered for this position, please send your most updated CV to Karim Cassamo on email email@example.com or call 00353 1 669 8218.