Sigma Aviation Services is delighted to announce this new opportunity for Assistant Airport Operations Manager. Our client airline launched flights in 2012 on medium and long-haul routes and they are expanding their fleet from now until 2022. The Assistant Airport Operations Manager will be based in Germany.
- Airport & Customer experience
- Track and monitor delivery against the SGHA.
- Ensure this is integrated – alongside values – into key people training initiatives.
- Prepare & Coordinate Pre-Ops Team Audits to the set up of stations.
- Coordinate with HQ Ground Services Department and other operations departments for Annual Station Audits.
- Manage the Airline identity across consumer touch points in the airport environment.
- Ensure that the Airline’s brand guidelines are in compliance.
- Determine the opportunity or need for change to the customer proposition from a brand perspective by assessing new ideas, market trends, consumer needs, passenger and staff feedback in the airport environment. This will include the identification of sources of future competitive advantage, the definition of appropriate product life cycles and the classification of key customer segments from a value-based perspective in the airport environment.
- Determine the opportunity to use Technology to enhance the customer service experience.
- Keep strong control on spending & planned budget, maximise revenue opportunity.
- Work with Ground & Cargo Services team to achieve overall budget and operational efficiency.
- Verification of Ground Handling Statistics and Invoice verification.
- Prepare monthly accruals.
- Maintain good relationship with CIQ authorities, tourism authority, airport authority and government regulatory authorities.
- Maintain good rapport and relationship with competitors at the location.
- Maintain good relationship with CAAC authority at the location.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with service providers.
- Investigating ground services incidents/discrepancies/lapses.
- Conduct ground services audit on handlers
- Attend to day-to-day ground services matters arising e.g. flight delays etc.
- Collate and report ground services statistical data as required.
- Liaise with other departments on routine operational matters.
- Cover duties of Training Management in his/her absence.
- Minimum Diploma from a recognised institution
- A successful track record in an operational role with good knowledge of the airline industry. Preferably with at least 2-4 years relevant working experience
- Knowledge of airport ground operations would be an added advantage
- Experience in client management and proposal management would be an advantage
- Fluent written, spoken and reading capability in English and another language.
- Able to travel for work at short notice
Good to have:
- Good interpersonal skills and pleasant disposition
- Open to learning and being able to operate independently
- Team player, with the ability to think quickly on the feet
- Work with the team to positive results especially during stressful situations
- Strong critical thinking skills and drive to succeed
- Ability and discipline to function independently with minimal guidance. Quick to adopt and adapt to changes
- Good negotiation skills and ability to work with people from all levels
If you wish to apply or to know more about this role please send your up to date CV to Roxana Duta at email@example.com or call at +353 1 6698272.