Sigma Aviation Services is delighted to announce a new opportunity for an Accounting Technician for our client in Shannon, Ireland.
Our client is a leader in the commercial aerospace industry and is seeking motivated candidates for multiple departments with a strong desire to launch a long-term career path in aviation. In this role, you will be responsible for diversified accounting activity, day to day financials, and providing office support in an efficient and professional manner. This role is responsible for full accounting process and the timely posting of all financial transactions in accounting software, maintaining the general ledger, prepare journal entries, analyze and reconcile balance sheet accounts and handle all Accounts Payable and Receivables activities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Recording bank and credit card transactions daily.
- Reconciling bank and credit card accounts monthly.
- Preparation and processing of company payroll.
- Verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling Accounts Payable and Receivable transactions; including issuing invoices, processing credit memos, ensure timely collections, processing timely payments, others.
- Maintaining excellent communication with vendors, customers, colleagues, banks, auditors, others, by responding inquiries in a courteous, professional and timely manner.
- Initiating credit checks on new customers and existing accounts as required.
- Owning and the complete operating accounting cycle of Ireland office location.
- Assisting in the maintenance of all accounting ledger and sub-ledgers; including month and year end processes. This may include preparing and recording transactions into accounting system, posting and preparing accurate journal entries, intercompany transactions, depreciation, amortization, recurring and accrual entries, and others.
- Performing a variety of accounting assignments including daily reporting, GL activities, and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Analyzing balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Preparing of consignments.
- Participating in periodic testing of key internal controls and alerting management of any control deficiencies in a timely manner.
- Participating and supporting external audits; including P30, and others.
- Assisting with various office administration duties such as:
- Ordering of supplies
- Being the direct contact with IT support
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience
- Aviation Industry experience (desirable but not mandatory)
- BA/BS in accounting, finance, or similar.
This role is ideal for someone who is:
- Meticulous and precise
- Able to prioritize multiple assignments in fast pace environment
- With strong analytical skills and ability to work independently
- Able to resolve conflicts and has a knack for negotiating with others
- Extremely accurate and detail oriented
- Good with numbers and figures in an analytical acumen
- Analytical with strong conceptual, problem solving skills
- Able and willing to exhibit entrepreneurial spirit within a collaborative environment
- Able and willing to be accountable for performance and actions
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office 365, QUANTUM software.
If you are interested and meet the requirements and you want to be considered for this role, please send your most recent and updated CV to Karim on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +353 1 669 8218.